Evangelism Memory Verse:
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.”
“Assurance is the fruit that grows out of the root of faith.”
Regular, Weekly Outreaches:
1. Truck Stop on I-35 W, north of Fort Worth: Thursdays, from 7-9PM. Truck to truck witnessing. Contact: Ron Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Day Laborer Camp (Mckinney): Saturdays from 7-8AM. Witnessing to the Hispanic community. Spanish tracts and one-to-ones. Contact: Byron Porter (email@example.com).
3. Skate Park (Allen): Saturdays from 10-11PM. One-to-ones with skaters. Contact: Byron Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Saturday, January 9th, 4-7PM: TLC Ministries will take the gospel to the NFC Wild Card NFL game at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX! We will leave the Justin area at 3:00PM. If you would like to join the carpool, please email us at email@example.com.
2. Tuesday, January 19th, 10AM-2:30PM: TLC Ministries will begin this semester’s outreach at University of North Texas on the 19th. If you are planning on joining us, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big D NYE (Dallas, TX):
On New Years Eve, TLC Staff joined believers from Sovereign Joy Community Church in Keller and Liberty Lighthouse Church of Sherman in downtown Dallas to share the gospel. It was a great way to end 2009 and begin 2010. This is a typical “ball drop” celebration, with loud music and lots of drinking. The organizers expected 40,000 party goers. I don’t think that there were that many there, but there were many; probably more than 30,000.
Because of the noise, we focused on passing out tracts. A couple of thousand tracts were distributed and we had many one-to-ones. I spoke with a student from Texas Tech who, while holding a beer, declared that she is a Christian. We talked about the gospel, what it is and what effect it should have in our lives. I don’t think she “got it”, but she heard it and took one of the new 2012 gospel tracts from One Million Tracts.
The others had to leave early because of other commitments, but we (Tim and I) stayed and preached from 11:00-11:30PM near one of the gated entrances. We preached with the amplifier and were heard mainly by the people waiting in line for the porta-potties. A security guard tried to stop the preaching and said, “This is not the time or the place. You have to leave.” I told him that if he got a police officer to tell us that we were standing on private property, we’d be glad to leave. We were standing on the public sidewalk and so he left us alone.
The gospel was preached. We leave the results in the hands of our very capable, Sovereign God.
Cotton Bowl (Cowboy’s Stadium, Arlington):
On Saturday, TLC Staff was joined by Ron Martinez and Tom Sadowski as well as the folks from Bezeugen Ministries (led by Carl Kalbfleisch) at the Cowboys Stadium and we preached for about two-three hours at the Cotton Bowl. It was refreshing to preach at this event since it was in the morning and people were not very drunk overall. We passed out 2-3,000 tracts (with Carl’s total) and took turns preaching.
It was an excellent time. Ron preached from many places in the Word. I read Luke 10 and preached on it. Tom also preached the gospel. Again, it was a very good time of fellowship, service and trusting the Lord for the results.
2. Here is a NetFlix for Christians: Puritan Picks. It offers a wide range of solid DVD viewing for Christian families.
3. Check out this great new tract from One Million Tracts! Easy to hand out: “Did you get your man card?” Follow up with, “Do you know what God requires of man?” Easy spring board to the gospel! Only $3.00 per pack of 100.
Psalm 119 Conference
Wretched Radio is doing an important conference right here in Keller, TX May 14-15! The Psalm 119 Conference will feature Phil Johnson, Todd Friel, Dr. Peter Hammond, Justin Peters, Paul Taylor (Answers in Genesis), and Emilio and Trish Ramos. The early bird registration is $69.00 and the student price is $49.00. There is a 10% discount for Wretched Club members.
TLC Ministries has been asked to help coordinate an evangelistic outreach immediately after the event on Saturday (similar to The Five Hundred event after Deeper). Please keep this in prayer as we make plans to mobilize hundreds of believers to take the gospel across the Dallas\Fort Worth area.
TLC’s Financial Condition:
Thank you for praying with us about our recent support cut. Our salaries are currently at 50% of what they were just a few months ago. If you can help, please send donations to:
The Lost Cause Ministries P.O. Box 1125 Justin, TX 76247